[Advaita-l] FW: Saakshii-Jiiva-Iswara Analysis - VII

Ranga Rathnam sranga1955 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 30 08:32:41 CDT 2013

Sree Sadanandaji,

Pranams.

That was a neat response to a naive question. Thanks.

Also thanks for providing me pointer to a book. I couldn't get access to it immediately, but I was
able to get Satish Chandra Vidyabhusana's English Translation of Gotama's Sutras with Vatsyayana's commentary.
With a quick search through the index I found that Book IV, Chapter II Topic 3 deals precisely with this subject.
Summary of the topic is very clear about the ramifications involved. It suggests that 'inside' of an atom is not defined, question of ether pervading it does not arise. Only ponderable or corporeal items which are always in conjunction with ether are pervaded by it. A lot of other issues are also thrashed out, I have to take time to understand them.

My doubt is, while Advaita shares 'oneness of space' concept with nyaya-philosophy, it has to part company when nyaya
says there are 'real' atoms that exist 'in space'.

Your moonlight sunlight example is also very refreshing and thought provoking.
Once again thanks for your articles and clarifications.

Best Regards
Rangarathnam