[Advaita-l] mithyaa / anirvachaniiya and asattva

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 07:35:10 CDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Rajaram Venkataramani <
rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a category "It is there and experienced"?
> Can brahman become an object of experience without losing its svarupa? I
> think that is Ishwara but am sure many would disagree who say Ishwara is
> mithya.

Why go as far as Ishwara when it is brahman alone that is experienced by
everyone always:

In the aparokShAnubhUti we have a fine verse:

सर्वोऽपि व्यवहारस्तु ब्रह्मणा क्रियते जनैः ।
अज्ञान्न विजानन्ति मृदेव हि घटादिकम् ॥ ६५

Whatever is done by everyone is always 'with' Brahman.  In other words, the
Only One Existent 'vastu' Brahman alone is the doer, the doing, the done
upon. All clay-products are nothing but clay.  All brahma-vikAra is none
other than Brahman.  Brahman alone appears as all. The pramAtR, the
pramANam and the prameyam are all only Brahman projected as the
three-fold.

See the Vishnusahasranama bhashyam of Shankara for the word 'aprameyaH'
occurring in the very beginning.

subrahmanian.v