[Advaita-l] Alaya vijnana and Adwaita.

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 9 11:38:20 CST 2013

Not only you but there are many who do not know that Lord Buddha gave the second promulgation on the advanced (Mahayana) teachings at the Vulture-peak, some 22 years after giving the first promulgation on the basic (Hinayana) teachings at Sarnath. He gave the Tantri=c teachings at a still later date. This is also probably somewaht similar to what Adi Sankaracharya did . He composed the "Lalta Trishati Bhashya" towards the end of his life.

That Lord Buddha learnt Yoga after completeing his learning of Samkhya is given in the book "Buddhacarita) by  Ashvaghosha.

Sunil KB