[Advaita-l] Shankara and Kriya Yoga

Krunal Makwana makwanakb at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 5 05:09:41 CDT 2013

Jai Sri Krsna

Namaste,

I have recently started to re-read the 'Autobiography of a Yogi' by
Paramhamsa Yogananda and came across a passage which I found very
fascinating. Regarding the authenticity of the claim is debatable but
nevertheless I thought I'd share it with the group to gain some ideas from
the forum.

There is a passage within the book, where the re-establisher of kriyA yoga,
mahAvatAr bAbAji claims to have initiated Adi shaMakara into kriyA yoga.

This assertion does go against the traditional narrations of shrI
shaMkara's life story however I would like to know the lists members view
on this and would it be naive to think that this could not happen either.

Another is does shrI shaMkara mention kriyA yoga in any of his works?

--
sa prem,

Krunal