[Advaita-l] Eternal Loka

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 13:19:53 CDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:34 PM, Rajaram Venkataramani <
rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a contradiction in the following two statements about what happens
> on mahapralaya. Do Ishwara and Vedas become one Parabrahman or Ishwara
> (Avyakta)? The key question for the topic of our discussion is what happens
> to the infinite knowledge of Ishwara. It has to exist in some state or else
> it will be impossible to resume the universe.

I do not see any contradiction. Ishwara's knowledge is only inferred by his
actions/products.  That is how the janmAdi sutra bhashyam describes.  And
since nothing can come out of non-existence, it is held that Ishwara is in
avyakta avasthA.  Ishwara is non-different from his vyakta form, that is
the world, and the avyakta state, that is the nascent state of the
to-be-manifest world.  I do not see any difficulty in this.

vs