[Advaita-l] [ADMIN] offtopic messages

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Jul 23 01:49:02 CDT 2013

Although we define the subject of this list fairly narrowly, some leeway
is given because there are grey areas which can profitably add to our
understanding of dharma and moksha even if they are not advaita vedanta
per se.  However recently we have seen some examples of posts which are
completely irrelevant.

> Debate between Suklaji and Deepak Chopra

"Tweedledum and Tweedledee agreed to have a battle" Serious lapse of
judgement in posting this here as neither of these clowns have anything to
do with Advaita Vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara.

> Petition to WhiteHouse to Pardon Edward-J-Snowden

Another "interesting" subject which is totally  off-topic here.

The discussion about Kedarnath relief is borderline because it does
involve dharma in some way but even then I would suggest there are more
specialized fora which could be more effective and helpful than this one.

> Thought you'd find this interesting

I think what happened here was that Shri Subrahmanian joined some website
which then spammed his entire address book because I got the same message
at some personal addresses too.  But in case it isn't clear "the water
crisis" is also offtopic for advaita-l!

We the moderators are not particularly interested in being policemen.  We
rely on you the readers to help keep Advaita-l focused.