[Advaita-l] Unmanifest and its Secrets

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 08:27:53 CDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> but Krishna's form is aprakrta mayarUpam and imperishable.
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> In bhAgavata itself we have ample evidence to show that krishna is devaki
> suta, yashOda nandana with some super human powers and after more than a
> century he shed his physical body by showing his leg to the hunter and
> arjuna performed the last rights (antyeshti) to the 'shareera' of krishna
> and after the disappearance of physical form of krishna the yAdava
> kulaja-s engaged themselves in famous yAdavi kalaha...Anyway, if he wishes
> even now 21st century, kaliyuga,  he can still show then existing (in
> dvApara yuga)  krishna's form to his devotees like all other famous gods
> (rAma, Anjaneya, devi mAta)  & saints (sri rAghavendra swamiji / sai bAba
> etc.) doing at various point of time.
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

RV: The sun appears to rise and then set after travelling across the sky
but in reality it is not so.  Krishna's appearance, transformations and
disappearance are like that. Madhusudana Saraswati gives this example in
his Gudarthadipika. If you disagree with Madhusudana Saraswati I suggest
you read Gudarthadiipika. He will take you  through logical steps.

The bodies of saints - other than the avataras - are born due to karma and
made of five elements. They will perish. Brahman can appear in any form
that you desire including that of these saints long after they are gone. It
does not mean that these forms are eternal. Krishna's form is special and
eternal. As to what He looks like, here is a couplet from Gopala Tapani
Upanishad.

sat-puëòaréka-nayanaà meghäbhaà vaidyutämbaram |
dvi-bhujaà jïäna-mudräòhyaà vana-mälinam éçvaram ||
gopa-gopé-gavävétaà sura-druma-taläçrayam |
divyälaìkaraëopetaà ratna-paìkaja-madhya-gam ||
kälindé-jala-kallola- saìgi-märuta-sevitam |
cintayan cetasä kåñëaà mukto bhavati saàsåteù || iti |

Meditating with concentration on two-armed lotus-eyed, silent Krishna, who
has
the complexion of a cloud, who wears cloth flashing like lightning and a
garland, who is surrounded by cowherds, gopIs and cows, who is bedecked with
shining ornaments, while sitting under a desire tree on a jewelled lotus,
who is served by a breeze mixed with water drops from the Yamunä, one
becomes liberated from samsära. (Gopala Tapani Upanishad) 9-11