[Advaita-l] Interest Collection is Wrong according to Dharma?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 23:49:51 CDT 2013

Namaste

The Pravrutti Marga and Nivrutti Marga are there but for different people.
Householders have to follow Pravrutti Marga because they have to support
family and society. They have to follow the four Purusharthas like Dharma,
Artha, Kama and Moksha. But there should be perfect balance in the four.
For Dharma purpose only he must earn wealth Artha. His Kama must not be
against Dharma. Moksha should be the aim in later life. Then he can
renounce and accept Nivrutti Marga.

If Perfect Balance of Dharma, Artha and Kama is there it will be
Equilibrium of Supply and Demand. In Economics this Equilibrium is
important. In Equilibrium the Prices of goods will not keep on rising like
in inflation. They will not keep falling like in deflation. There is no
Inflation. There is no deflation. The Prices of Goods is stable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation
Instability with deflationEconomist S.C. Tsaing noted that once substantial
deflation is expected, two important effects will appear; both a result of
money holding substituting for lending as a vehicle for
saving.[48]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation#cite_note-48>The
first was that continually falling prices and the resulting incentive
to hoard money will cause instability resulting from the likely increasing
fear, while money hoards grow in value, that the value of those hoards are
at risk, as people realize that a movement to trade those money hoards for
real goods and assets will quickly drive those prices up. Any movement to
spend those hoards "once started would become a tremendous avalanche, which
could rampage for a long time before it would spend
itself."[49]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation#cite_note-49>Thus,
a regime of long-term deflation is likely to be interrupted by
periodic spikes of rapid inflation and consequent real economic
disruptions. Moderate and stable inflation would avoid such a seesawing of
price movements.

If Dharma is followed there will not be any Hoarding of Money like in
Deflation. In Japan people are keeping Huge cash in homes not banks because
there is negative interest in banks. They are Hoarding money. If there is
Inflation there will be Hoarding of Goods. Why? Because people will think
prices will keep on rising, they will think if they sell the goods after
waiting they will get a big profit.

Hoarding of Money and Hoarding of Goods will not happen if Dharma is
properly followed. People have to give gifts and charity. In ceremonies
they have to give money as Dakshina and many other Dana items like food
grains, clothes, utensils, lands, cows, Gold and Silver. If they follow
Dharma there will be good circulation of money and goods. The King and
Kshatriyas will earn wealth by defeating other kingdoms and taxes. The
Vaishyas will earn by Trade. The Sudras will earn by Services. The
Kshatriyas and Vaishyas and Sudras will give to Brahmins. The Brahmins will
give to other Brahmins in ceremonies. There is no fear of inflation or
deflation.