[Advaita-l] Interest Collection is Wrong according to Dharma?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 11:04:22 CDT 2013

Namaste
How inflation happens is understood. There will be four causes. Market
Power like the greedy Middle East oil countries. Demand rising. Suddenly if
people want to buy more and more gold the gold price will increase. Asset
Market Boom. Speculators can make the commodity futures prices to increase.
The commodity prices will also increase. Sudden Supply cut. If oil refinery
is damaged by Natural disaster it will make oil prices to increase.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntharvey/2011/05/30/what-actually-causes-inflation/

In Manu's time there was no sudden demand and sudden supply cut. People
were Dharmic and doing Yajnas and pleasing Gods. They were not greedy to
earn more and more wealth. They had good supply of food grains. There was
no Monopoly business like oil producing countries. There was no commodity
future trading and stock markets. In Manu's period the Inflation was ZERO.
He has not said anything on Inflation because it was zero.

I heard USA also has lot of oil resources but they are waiting till the
Middle East oil is over. Then they will sell Oil for huge profit.