[Advaita-l] aruNa prashna & upanishad chanting in evening

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 00:21:38 CST 2013

The case of the 'srIsUktam' is also there.  Someone who has done the entire
yajurveda adhyayana told me that this sUktam is not there in the  Veda.
Somehow it has acquired a veda status.  The mantra 'gandhadvArAm
durAdharshAm...shriyam.' alone is a genuine mantra he says.  But this
entire sUktam is recited everywhere including in Sringeri on a regular
basis.

Recently there was a discussion in the BVP where I pointed out from the
sAyna bhAShya that he has himself acknowledged a wide 'vailakShaNyam' in
the pAThas across regions.

subrahmanian.v