[Advaita-l] aruNa prashna & upanishad chanting in evening

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Jan 25 02:51:31 CST 2013

praNAms Sri Sriram prabhuji
Hare Krishna

This restriction is for aruNa praSNa.  It should be chanted early hours in
the morning.  The chanting of aruNa praSNa can be continued in the morning
before having breakfast /lunch.

>  Thanks for the clarification.  But dont we chant maNtra pushpa, yOpAm
pushpaM veda pushpavAn prajavAn pashumaNbhavati etc. anytime during pooja
etc.  As you know this maNtra pushpa is the part of aruNa prashNa only
i.e. prathama prashna of taitireeya AraNyaka.  Likewise, sudarshanecha
kraunchecha mainAgecha mahAgiraU maNtra-s, rAjAdhirAjaya prasahya sAhine,
nighrushvai rasamAhutaiH kAlairharitvamApannaiH  etc. we chant anytime
without any restrictions.

As regards other veda mantra bhAga, the pArAyaNa can be performed on the
1st & 4th yAmA of the night (the night is divided into 4 equal intervals
called 4 yAmAs).  This is the pramANa showed in dharma sindhu.  It is said
that one should not chant the veda during 2nd & 3rd yAmA of the night as
it is the nishAchara-sanchAra ghaDiya.

>  normally we do yAma pooja during mahA shivarAtri and on some special
occasions like vratOdyApana (like maNgaLa gauri, ananta padmanAbha
vratOdyApana etc.) and we do chant veda maNtra-s (like sUkta-s, abhisheka
maNtra-s etc.) even during 2nd & 3rd yAma.  Is it prohibited prabhuji?? do
we have to use only purANokta shloka-s during 2nd & 3rd yAma pooja then??
Please clarify.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar