[Advaita-l] Vedas are not apauresheya according to the Vedas ?

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 16:16:36 CST 2013

While Vidyasankarji will reply to your mail, may I also respond to one particular point in your mail. That is as follows:
Where can I find references to shruti over smrti logic from the perspective of advaita vedanta and other
darshanas?
Unquote

I read (though I do not remember the reference off-hand) that the Smritis themselve claim that they are based on the Shruti and in the event of one finding (even if it is only in appearance) any difference between what the Shruti says and what the Smriti says, one is advised to follow the what the Shruti says.