[Advaita-l] aruNa prashna & upanishad chanting in evening

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Feb 12 06:27:56 CST 2013

Case in point - the kaaThakam,
ironically the aruna prashnam and the svaadhyaaya braahmaNam are not
orginally from the taittiriiya shaakha, as evident from the svaras and
other prAtishAkhya peculiarities (also attested by Bhatta Bhaskara and
Sayana). This was imported wholesale by the taittiriiyakas and is
being learned to this date as a part of the taittiriiya shaakha.

praNAms Sri Ramakrishna prabhuji
Hare Krishna

This is first time I am hearing this prabhuji.  All these days I was under
the impression that AruNa prashna is the first prashna of taitireeya
AraNyaka.  I did not know ( not heard about this sofar from any of the
vaidika-s) that whole of aruNa prashna is imported from other shAkha.
Kindly let me know from which veda, yajurvedins have imported this text.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar