[Advaita-l] I have a question on reading of Garuda Purana at home after the death of a relative *\(Father in my case)

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 10:17:33 CST 2013

If you read Gajendra Moksham from Bhagavatham within ten days, he will attain vaikuntha. If you chant hari nam and read the story of ajamila within ten days, his sukshma sarira will hear it and chant mentally. This will attract vishnu dhutas to come and take him to vaikuntha.

The text is available online and you can read them yourself. If you know devotees of hari or good vaidhika brahmanas trained in bhagavatha saptaham in your city, then you can request them to read.

For your own  citta suddhi and out of respect for vaidhika dharma,  you still have to meticulously perform karma to your capacity.