[Advaita-l] Omniscience, etc. only due to upAdhi

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Dec 30 04:49:22 CST 2013

It is during this process
that it adopts the principle that karya ( effect ) is not different from
its karana ( cause ) .

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Yes, shankara discusses this exclusively in ArambhaNAdhikaraNaM.  The
cause cannot create altogether a new effect if the effect is not existing
in cause already.  kArya-kAraNa ananyatva and shakti in kAraNa which
produce kArya is non-different from kAraNa.  In geeta bhAshya (guNa traya
vibhAga yOga - 14th chapter??) also we find support for this I think,

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar