[Advaita-l] 'Ishwaro'ham' and 'IshwarabhAvaH'

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 00:43:39 CDT 2013

Couple of professors and at least one traditional scholar acknowledge my
understanding of advaita or more predisely the philosophy of bhakti in
advaita is correct. Even if no one thought I'm right, what is important is
whether I'm basing my statements on facts.  As I said below, no one is
liberated in eka jiva vada yet. Our interaction is proof thereof. A
jivabhasa in our dream may get liberated but is not really so until the
mukhyajiva does.

Sri Sunil, you mentioned that Krishna being a devotee of Krishna is weird.
It is not at all so and in fact that is the advaita position. nara nArayanO
hari: says bhagavatham. The devotee and the Lord are both incarnations of
Hari. If you read the concluding chapter of this text on bhakti and
advaita, you will see that it is Hari who is Devaki, Hari who is Gopis,
Hari who is Narada etc. You may want to read BhAvArthadIpikA to get this
clear. If you read Bhakti Rasayanam, which is an essential reading for any
advaitin to talk about bhakti, you will understand non-duality is not only
compatible with but indispensable for bhakti rasa.

Sri Anil, if pramanas are shown should an advaitin accept or not? Or be
dogmatic and ignore contrary views. I found that genuine traditional and
modern scholars alike discuss and refresh their thinking.