[Advaita-l] Entire Creation in Krishna's Mouth

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 14:47:33 CDT 2013

Namaste

In the srImadbhAgavatam is the famous bAlaleelA of Krishna eating mud and
upon censured by Yashoda His giving her the darshana of His divine nature.
Here is a adhyAtmic view of the episode:

 The entire creation is 'within' Brahman.  In other words, creation,
including Ishwara tattva is a superimposition in Brahman.  Read Bh.gita 9th
chapter 4/5 verses with Shankaracharya's commentary.
मया ततमिदं सर्वं जगदव्यक्तमूर्तिना ।
मत्स्थानि सर्वभूतानि न चाहं तेष्ववस्थितः "॥९- ४॥
I pervade this entire universe in the unmanifest form. Though the entire
creation is within Me, I am not within it. *न च मत्स्थानि भूतानि पश्य मे
योगमैश्वरम् *।*
**भूतभृन्न च भूतस्थो ममात्मा भूतभावनः *॥* *(9.5)

Nor do these beings dwell in Me; behold My Divine *yoga*!

Sustaining all the beings, but not dwelling in them, is My Self, the cause
of beings.

 http://advaita-academy.org/Talks/%E2%80%98Unreality-Defined-in-the-bhagavad-gItA.ashx
<http://advaita-academy.org/Talks/%E2%80%98Unreality-Defined-in-the-bhagavad-gItA.ashx>

 That Ishwara tattva (saguna brahman in Advaita) is also only a
superimposition is revealed by the Lad Krishna in his mouth where Yashoda
saw herself and the young Krishna inside the mouth and several such scenes
one within the other.  This shows that all the various sRShTi-s are only
superimpositions.  This is known by Krishna, later on, remaining as if
nothing happened.  Yashoda fainted after seeing the extremely complex
vision. Just like Arjuna had mixed feelings upon beholding the vishvarUpa
darshana and pleaded for returning to status quo.

And it is said she forgot the entire episode soon after.  That shows that
only a well prepared adhikAri can correctly and firmly comprehend the
brahma/prapancha/jiva tattva. Yashodha saw herself, a jiva, inside the
creation.  That shows that Yashoda as the sAkshi, outside creation, is
different from the yashoda the jiva within creation.   This episode offers
a fine opportunity to do vedanta anusandhAnam.

One can link the above to one's own everyday dream experience and in the
waking relive the dream vision and analyze.  For, in the dream one would
have seen oneself too along with others and other things/events.

regards
subrahmanian.v