[Advaita-l] Concluding stotra of "siddanta bindu"
Venkata sriram P
venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Tue Apr 30 09:56:50 CDT 2013
Sri.Madhusudana Saraswathi by his remarks has answered the critics
who said that Veda vyasa has not written vedanta in his Brahma sutras
So, should i conclude with the idea of Sri Madhusudana that:
1) vyAsa's brahma sUtra doesn't clearly define advaita ?
2) vyAsa couldn't explain the vEdAnta as perfectly as sankara ?
3) Was vyAsa was less intelligent as compared to sankara ?
4) was it an arthavAda prayOga towards the sankara's brilliant commentary on sUtra so much so that it has outwitted even the original sUtra of vyAsa ?
5) Sankara filled the gaps by writing commentary and explained the siddhAnta which vyAsa couldn't do so ?
Why, Madhusdana has to devalue the vEda vyAsa who happens to be one of the chief acharya of advaita parampara by making a sweeping remark that vyAsa couldn't explain
the siddhAnta properly in his sutra?
More information about the Advaita-l mailing list