[Advaita-l] (no subject)

Sarma KV sarmakv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 01:34:39 CDT 2013

Where chAndramAna almanac is followed, tithi is considered for most
purposes.
This is the case in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka and officially by Sringeri
peetham.
Where sauramAna almanac is followed (Tamilnadu, Kerala etc.) nakshatram is
considered.

Other than this any further thoughts about "disconnect" is unending,
useless & academic in nature - no use getting into it.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:58 AM, vijay kartik
<vijaykartik_2004 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> But my confusions stems from the fact that in Kanchi Mutt, Adi Shankara
> Jayanthi is celebrated on thithi basis only whereas the Jayanthi of the
> Mutt's Acharya's seems to be celebrated based on Nakshatram.
>
> Can members explain on this "disconnect" in basis?
>
> Vijay

नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकम्।
शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः ।।

धन्योस्मि
- श्यामसुन्दर शर्मा
http://anantavaram.blogspot.com