[Advaita-l] Eka jiva vada and nana jiva vada.

vinayaka ns brahmavadin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 00:56:05 CDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 2:32 AM, Ramesam Vemuri <vemuri.ramesam at gmail.com>wrote:

> //Also, it is my considered opinion that there can be no advaita without
> īśvara, because the equation tat tvam asi is between īśvara and jīva.//

Advaita never denies ishwara at the vyAvahArika level; Jivas &  Ishwara are
part and parcel of the vyAvahArika prapancha. The following sUtra & bhAshya
makes it clear:

http://www.bharatadesam.com/spiritual/brahma_sutra/brahma_sutra_sankara_34161.php

 "The embodied Self, on the other hand, is of a different nature, and to it
the mentioned faults adhere.* But then we do not declare it to be the
creator of the world*, on account of 'the declaration of difference..."

//Bhakti refers to the relationship of the jīva with īśvara.//

ishwarAnugrahAt eva pumsAm advaita vAsanA...

The very desire for knowledge of advaita arises in the mind of jiva due to
the anugraha of Ishwara.

--
Best Wishes,

Vinayaka