[Advaita-l] You and I Yushmadasmat Pratyaya

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 23:49:26 CDT 2013

Namaste

I am requesting members to discuss the first sentence in Adi Sankara Brahma
Sutra Bhashya.

Yushmadasmat Pratyaya Gocharayor VishayaVishayinos Tamaha Prakashavad
Viruddha Svabhavayor

'You' is like darkness. I am Light. You and I are diametrically opposite.

What is the teaching? You are False. I am True.

Any person in the world I can say 'You'.  This person is darkness to me. I
am Light.

Any person in world is  False. Only I am True. Only I am there. There is
nobody outside me.

This Teaching is the Eka Jeeva Vada. This Adi Sankara is teaching in the
first sentence of Brahma Sutra Bhashya itself. I am alone in the Universe
and I have created all the You things in my dream.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh