[Advaita-l] 'Chants in Cyberspace' स्वदेशो भुवनत्रयम्

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Sep 12 03:25:47 CDT 2012

Same objection may come here also. The Purohita is giving instructions
but his voice is coming from electronic medium. It is not coming to us
directly without any in between medium. Is it correct to take
instructions like this? If correct we can also play Pooja Mantras and
do Pooja according to them and it will be correct.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

But what Sri Subbu prabhuji saying is purOhita is not required if the
kartru himself knows the maNtra-s & procedure of the karma-s.  But I doubt
this stand as I have seen in Mattur, even ghanapAti katru-s for
shubhAshubha karma-s at their house asking their kula purOhita or AchArya
to come and do it.  And they do saMkalpa also like that only.  I think
shOdasha saMskAra & related karma-s should be done through one's own kula
purOhita though he himself knows it very well.  I vaguely remember that
somewhere in Apasthamba gruhya sUtra there is a mention about importance
and role of AchArya in these karma-s.  But nothing coming to my mind right
now.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar