[Advaita-l] 'Chants in Cyberspace' स्वदेशो भुवनत्रयम्

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 23:26:35 CDT 2012

Namaste Sri Subrahmanian

Sometime back there was some person saying if we play Mantras from
cassettes and CD and do Pooja and other activities it is not correct.

Some person said they did some experiments on Mantras from CD and
priests saying without mikes. The effect of electronic Mantras is not
same. There may be no benefits.

Same objection may come here also. The Purohita is giving instructions
but his voice is coming from electronic medium. It is not coming to us
directly without any in between medium. Is it correct to take
instructions like this? If correct we can also play Pooja Mantras and
do Pooja according to them and it will be correct.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 6:55 AM, V Subrahmanian
<v.subrahmanian at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Sivakumar,Kollam <sivanr8010 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> SAdara praNAm,
>> Dear Sriramji,
>> Is your suggestion not against the injunctions of sastra?
>>

> If you are saying 'doing certain karma-s without the AchArya is against the
> injunctions of sastra' the reply is:
>
> If one is able to perform them without mistakes then it is fine.  The
> priest is required only to direct/guide the performance.  For example the
> monthly amAvAsya tarpana ritual can be done by oneself if he knows the
> procedures/mantras.  I have seen even the annual upAkarma ritual performed
> by a priest for himself, without another AchArya.  Certain vrata-s like
> Varalakshmi, Ganapathi, Anantapadmanabha, etc. can be performed by oneself
> if he knows the procedures.  On certain occasions there is the 'upAyana
> dAnam' which can be assigned and kept aside to be given to a learned person
> later.  Even shrAddha can be performed by oneself if he knows the
> procedures.
>
> Regards,
> subrahmanian.v
>
>> *sivakumarr*
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Venkata sriram P <venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
>> >wrote:
>>
>> > Namaste Subbuji,
>> >
>> > On a lighter vein.
>> >
>> > cyberneTTAya namaH ...google-guravE namaH :))
>> >
>> > We needn't require the vadyar every month. Record the same episode and
>> > play the same
>> > every month.  We can save the dakshina also.
>> >
>> > regs,
>> > sriram
>> >
>> > For assistance, contact:
>> > listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org