[Advaita-l] Vikalpa, Savikalpa, and Nirvikalpa

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at lalitaalaalitah.com
Mon Sep 10 12:53:28 CDT 2012

I didn't want to interrupt as I have said everything needed.
Yet this quote makes me write again :
I will suggest everyone to read vArttikam and it's commentary and if not
sufficient vArttika-sAra.
Ananda-giri says while commenting on vArttika you quoted once :
pratyagGYAne niruddhyante ........
that GYAna is Atyantika-nirodha-sAdhana of manaH or it's vR^itti-s. If one
could understand the meaning of the word Atyantika, he would never say that
this nirodha is samAdhi which is practiced.
Moreover, if anyhow I assume that GYAna is sAdhana of nirodha, then I have
to also accept that GYAna is not moxa-sAdhana and nirodha is. And nirodha is
superior to GYana as it is needed for that and only nirodha makes everything
including GYAna culminate in moxa.

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://dooid.com/lalitaalaalitah>*