[Advaita-l] Question about Rudra Trishati

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Fri Sep 7 00:29:22 CDT 2012

Namaste,

//

I thought reason for this is rudra is smashANa vAsi

//

So, from next time i would search for rudra in graveyards :))

//

I heard that some orthodox srivaishNava-s, if they accidentally have the
shiva linga darshana or shiva temple, immediately they go home and take
bath as they have seen the smashANavAsi rudra :-))  But I donot know how
far it is true.

//

This is the height of madness among certain section.  The same is also true for
vira shaivAs and lingadhAris.  They don't keep tulasi plant in their homes, don't
perform satyanArAyaNa vrata (instead perform veerabhadrOtsava).
The achamana of shrauta shaivAs starts with siva nAmAvaLi and they don't
utter 24 names starting from kEsava etc.

In sankalpa, wherever, viSNu name is there, it is replaced with shiva name.

Needless to say, the fights among these sects show how narrow-minded these
people are !!

BTW, the purpose of *apa upa sprushya* is something else and one doesn't
become ashaucha by worshipping rudra.  If yes, then why to worship Him who
is the personified form of auspiciousness.

regs,
sriram