[Advaita-l] Question about Rudra Trishati

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 11:22:46 CDT 2012

Namaste

Siva can make Pativrata Strees like Rishi Patnis to lose control and
run after him leaving back the husbands.

http://www.theshiva.net/Nageshvar-jyotirlinga-temple.html

"According to a narrative, the Balakhilyas, a group of dwarf sages
worshipped Shiva in darukavana for long time. To test their devotion
and patience, Shiva came to the Darukavana as an digambara (nude)
ascetic, wearing only Nagas[serpants] in his body. Wives of sages were
attracted and ran after the ascetic, leaving back their husbands.
Sages got very disturbed and frustruated with this. They lost their
patience and cursed ascetic to loose his linga. Shivalinga fell on the
earth and whole world trembled. Brahma and Vishnu came to Shiva,
requested him to save earth from destruction and take back his linga.
Shiva consoled them and took back his linga.(Vamana Purana Ch.6 and
45) Shiva promised his divine presence in Darukavana as Jyotirlinga
for ever. Later Darukavana became favourate place of Nagas and Vasuki
worshipped Shiva here for long and there after the Jyotirlinga came to
be known as Nagnath or Nageshvara."

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 9:28 PM, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:
>

>> praNAms
>> Hare Krishna
>>   I thought reason for this is rudra is smashANa vAsi.  I
>> heard that some orthodox srivaishNava-s, if they accidentally have the
>> shiva linga darshana or shiva temple, immediately they go home and take
>> bath as they have seen the smashANavAsi rudra :-))  But I donot know how
>> far it is true.
>>

> I heard from a talk by Sri VeLukkuDi Krishnan Swami, a noted scholar of the
> Srivaishnava sampradaya that when Sri Ramanuja was walking the street of a
> town there was a very heavy downpour.  When someone from a Shiva temple
> there called him in to rest for a while till the rain stopped, Ramanuja is
> reported to have replied:  A pativratA will not go to a parapuruSha.  In
> the same way I will not enter a temple other than Vishnu's.
>
> subrahmanian.v
>

>> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
>> bhaskar
>>
>> For assistance, contact: