[Advaita-l] Question about Rudra Trishati

Sarma KV sarmakv at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 13:10:37 CDT 2012

>> But lalitA trishati is not like that.  It is
>> both in stOtra rUpa & nAmAvaLi but without any svara-s

lalita triSati is comprised of names starting from the 15 letters of the
panchadaSaakshari maha-mantra of Lalita Tripura Sundari. This is from
mantra Saastra, not from vEda like Siva triSati, and hence does not have
swara-s.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 11:30 PM, Abhishek Madhyastha
<abhishek046 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Pranams,
>
> If I'm right, the rudra trishati can be recited for archana purpose
> while using a bilwa/tulsi leaf for each name. However, in the sri
> rudra japa aka Rudraprashnaha abhishekam must be done to the Shiva
> linga continuosly till the end of the japa(namaka+chamaka). This can
> observed during the Chandramoulishwara puja by H.H Jagadguru Bharati
> Tirtha Mahaswami, the Shankaracharya of Sringeri. You can observe many
> vaidhiks doing the japa while Mahaswamiji continuosly does abhishekam
> to the Chandramoulishwara spatika linga.
>
> -Regards,
> Abhishek Madhyastha
>
> On 9/4/12, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:
> > Dear Sri Venkatesh Murthy
> > Rudra Thrisathi is nothing but the namakam portion  of Sri Rudram
> > commencing
> > from the second anuvakam to the ninth.Sri Rudram is from Krishna Yajur
> > Veda
> > and therefore to be treated at par with Vedadhyanam.Rudra Thrisathi is
> > easy
> > to utter as it is rendered in the form of a namavali
> >
> > praNAms
> > Hare Krishna
> >
> > Yes, it starts from namO hiraNyabAhave namaH with intonations.  So, it is
> > as good as veda pArAyaNa.  But lalitA trishati is not like that.  It is
> > both in stOtra rUpa & nAmAvaLi but without any svara-s.  Normally we
> chant
> > this in rudrArchana vidhi along with krama & ghana pAta of the namaka.
> >
> > Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> > bhaskar
> >
> > For assistance, contact:
> > listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org

नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकम्।
शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः ।।

धन्योस्मि
- श्यामसुन्दर शर्मा
http://anantavaram.blogspot.com