[Advaita-l] Ramana's method

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 12:13:47 CDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 6:19 PM, Suresh <mayavaadi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks, mr. K and mr. S. my concern at the moment is applying advaita to
> life. As of now, my advaita is theoretical. There is no experience of any
> sort, so I am wondering what to do. At least some sort of experience
> through meditation could help, that's why I thought of atma vichara. Vrttis
> are hard to stop. They keep going like a river, and suppression doesn't
> help.

Dear Suresh,

There is no short cut to Vedantic siddhi.  shravaNa, manana and
nididhyasana have to be undertaken.   A systematic study of the Vedanta is
required.  If you have no access to a teacher you may start with listening
to the recorded classes of Swami Paramarthananda.  They are available at
the shAstraprakAshikA Trust, Chennai.  You can start with 'Tattvabodha' and
go on to other works like Panchadashi.  At the rate of one class per day
would be immensely beneficial.

Regards
subrahmanian.v