[Advaita-l] Advaita and Islam

Sivakumar,Kollam sivanr8010 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 18:33:29 CST 2012

SADara praNAm,
All true seekers realize the same by sincerely treading the path of any
religion.
Sriramakrishna, bhagavan Ramana,swami Ramathirtha  and many others has
endorsed this view. But when it comes to the matter of established religion
the interpretation of the revelations of the Master who propounded the
religion
by priests who become the later leaders of the religion gains priority over
original
sayings. In course of time the established religions gets degraded mainly
because
they are merely led by the aim of getting the religion established and
partly due to the
selfishness of the leaders. The view of Swami Vivekananda, "kick out the
priests",
clearly indicates this. Swamiji has commented on the
faults occurred to Mohammed
 in his yogic sadhana, ofcourse paying glorious tributes to Him.Swamiji
could do this
because the master of Swamiji was non other than Sriramakrishna who really
tread
the path propounded by Mohammed and realized that it also lead to the same
goal
as propounded by many other religions.
The interpretation of the Bible by Sri Paramahansa Yoganandaji,"The
second coming of Christ "
also takes one to this conclusion.To be brief "Christianity and
Churchianity" are entirely
different and Lord Jesus should not crucified for the fault of Churchianity.
Recently there is a trend in western world to tarnish Islam due to the
extremist attitude
of a few who claims to be Muslims.Indians being the Masters of
religions should not
fall into such traps.
Namaste.
*Prof.Sivakumarr*

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Rajaram Venkataramani <
rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Scholars,
>
> If we read Shankara DigVijaya, we learn that Shankara was very strong in
> attacking what he considered as adharmic paths. He is said to have
> destroyed 72 durmathas through intense campaign. But when we read the
> anecdotes in the lives of later mathathipathis, we see that they recognized
> Islam as a bonafide religion. If one reads the life of Muhammad and
> foundations of Islam (
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Truth-about-Muhammad-Intolerant-Religion/dp/1596985283/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1353757088&sr=1-10#reader_B000RH0C5E
> ),
> we see if such a favourable position to an adharmic path is right. I
> understand the risks he followers of tradition if they spoke strongly
> against Islam especially under Islamic rule. But I dont see the need for
> approving a path that does not espouse dharma. Can someone clarify?
>
> Best Regards
> Rajaram Venkataramani

*sivakumarr*