[Advaita-l] Bhagavad GIta - 745 Verses

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 10:05:00 CST 2012

Dear friends,

You can clearly see that 45 verses spoken by Lord Krishna was omitted. In the original version of 745 verses Lord Krishna spoke 620 verses and in the vulgate version of 700 verses there are only 475 verses attributed to Lord Krishna, i.e., 45 verses are missing.

Abhinavagupta gave a few missing verses spoken by the Lord but he also added some extra verses to Arjuna's account, probably with a view to elucidating Arjuna's questions.

Regards,
Sunil KB