[Advaita-l] Eternal Loka

Bishwa Prakash Subedi bpsubedi at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 00:55:22 CST 2012

Dear Vidyasankar Sudaresan and Rajaramjee:

Namaskar.

Regarding the issue under discussion that "a pure devotee does not want moksha", it is not only the Vaishnavas and Sri Prabhupada and his followers (bhakti margis) but even Shri Adi Shankaracharya also in many contexts contended that devotion is above jnana and moksha. For instance in devyapradhakshamapanastotra's 8th vers Shri Shankara says:

I don't have the desire to attain Moksha, neither I have the desire to attain luxuries and resplendence in the world. I don't have expectations of sciences, and O the Moon-faced Goddess! I don't even desire for luxuries and comfort. O Mother! Thus, I beg You, that whenever I am born, give me the chanting of these names to me — Mridani, Rudrani, Shiv, Bhavani.||8||
Similarly, Madhusoodana Sarasvati also is said to put devotion on high status than jnana...

Bishwa Prakash Subedi
Kaski, Nepal

Message: 1