[Advaita-l] : Sankhya and Yoga can give Moksha?

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 12:28:00 CDT 2012

Namaste,

It seems some scholars have some doubt over the reason, for which  Sankara resorted to "parakaayaprvesha". Sankara himself clarified this point to  his shishya that he did that only for the शिष्तसरण्यवनार्थम्. He would not have incurred any दोष even if he had used his own body. I quote the relevant sentences as follows:

तदनंगशास्त्रपरिशीलनमप्यमुनैव सौम्य ! करणेन कृतम्  न हि दोषकृत्तदपि शिष्तसरण्यवनार्थमन्यवपुरेत्य पुरेत्य यते ll

Regards,
Sunil KB