[Advaita-l] Sankhya and Yoga can give Moksha?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 06:29:49 CDT 2012

Namaste Sri Vidyasankar

One question about Yoga practice is bothering me very much. This is a
practical question about Asanas, Pranayama, breath control. Kindly
answer -

What is the correct position-s of Scholars? Multiple choices may be correct.

A  Yoga practice like Asanas, Pranayama Meditation is absolutely a
must for Brahmins doing Advaita Sadhana.

B  Yoga practice is good and helpful but not absolutely a must for
success in Advaita Jnana Marga.

C Yoga practice is not necessary. It is irrelevant for Advaita Jnana Marga.

D  It depends on Prarabdha. For some people in Advaita Marga Yoga
practice is absolutely a must. For other people it is not at all
necessary. For other people it helps them.

E  Yoga practice is helpful in beginning stages but not in advanced
stages of Advaita Sadhana.

F Yoga practice is helpful in advanced stages but not beginning stages.

G Yoga practice is necessary for Sannyasis but not for Gruhasthas.

H Yoga practice is necessary for Gruhasthas but not Sannyasis.

I Yoga Practice is necessary for all Ashramas.

J  Yoga practice is helpful for Brahmins to do Nitya Karmas properly.
In beginning of Sandhyavandana, Puja and others there is Acamana and
Pranayama.

K Yoga practice is helpful for Mental Concentration. To study Advaita
it is useful.

L Yoga practice is helpful only for Sattvic Diet people. If they are
eating Non Veg and taking Drinks it will not help.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh