[Advaita-l] Namaskar, please .I really need help for some confused

Ajit Krishnan ajit.krishnan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:09:15 CDT 2012

namaste,

> I don't know why you think that the meaning is forced and unnatural.

Note: the electronic text is riddled with mistakes, but they don't
hamper readibility too much.

Let's take "hare kRShNa"

Meaning 1: he hare, he kRShNa.
Meaning 2: ha = shiva, r = devi, e = sUnya, r = vigraha || k =
kAmArUpiNii, R = kAminI vaiShNavii, Sh = 16 candramA kalA, N =
nirvRtti ||

Of the two, I find meaning 1 to be straightforward and more natural.
That is my perogative. If you find meaning 2 (from the rAdhA tantra)
to be straighforward and more natural, so be it. I have no quarrel.
Either way, trying to claim any particular meaning for a mantra to be
the "real meaning" is, IMO, a useless pursuit.

The perspective of this text is clear from the phrase from shiva
"harim tu tripurA sAkShAt mama mUrtir na samshayaH" (sic). IMO, even
from this perspective, it is more straightforward and natural to say
shiva = viShNu, and then interpret the names of viShNu as belonging to
viShNu with viShNu bhakti while maintaining aikyabhAva of viShNu and
shiva.

sasneham,

   ajit