[Advaita-l] Comments of an ISCKON follower

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 13:17:35 CDT 2012

Sridhara Swami was an advaitin but his view of Advaita is different from
the views of many contemporary  advaitins. For example, his view is Ishwara
is that He is absolute. He considered advaita siddhi to be different from
sayujya following Bhagavatam, which says that a devotee does not accept any
of the five kinds of liberation including sayujyam and attains the very
state or Vishnu. As you can see from Sri Sadananda's post, contemporary
advaitins equate sayujyam with advaita siddhi.

You have to take Sri Krishna Chaitanya's criticism of Sri Vallabha with a
pinch of salt. This account occurs in Chaitanya Caritamrta, written almost
100 years after his time. It does not occur in earlier contemporary
biographies.