[Advaita-l] Grand Soma Yaga Athiratram in Bhadrachalam AP from 21 April to 02 May 2012

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 11:29:57 CDT 2012

Sir,

Just last week I attended a Rg Veda samhitA yAga at Bangalore.  To my
surprise the way the mantras were chanted it looked like the chantings in
the Ramayana/Mahabharata serials we saw two decades ago.  I asked the few
pundits who had come from Gokarna about this and they told me that they
adopt the Maharashtra method.  But just three days before this event I
witnessed another Rg veda samhita yaga conducted by my friend in the
Sringeri  Mutt itself.  The Jagadguru who was camping here graced the
pUrNAhuti.  Then the chantings were in the normal style.  Thus I found,
even within Karnataka, two styles existing: one Gokarna and the other with
no Maharashtra influence.

subrahmanian.v