[Advaita-l] Ishwara Turiya?

ShankaraBharadwaj Khandavalli shankarabharadwaj at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 03:22:42 CDT 2012

Sri Rajaram,

I find your posts intriguing, so want to know where you are coming from -

1. I did not come across "TuriyAtita" in the upanishads, a word you use. Can you define it and differentiate it from Turiya?
2. I did not come across "turiya" as an "avastha" anywhere, can you give me any references to that effect? I do not understand what you mean by being "in Turiya"?
3. If vyavahara is not there, is there a relevance of Saguna?
4. What are the qualities of Iswara, and where do those qualities come from when there is the world and when there is no world?
5. What are Avyakta, Hiranyagarbha and Isvara, and where do they belong to the gross-subtle-causal? What is the relevance/function of Isvara? Is it vyavaharika or paramarthika?

Shankar

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 06:25:58 CDT 2012