[Advaita-l] 'Bhakti' in SrIvidyopAsanA

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 03:38:39 CST 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Sunil Bhattacharjya <
sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com> wrote:

> As I understand there is meditation in the Sri Vidya upasana and it not
> just the recitation of Mantras. Kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Sunil ji,

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/shakti-sadhana/102654-lalitha-sahasranama-641-dhyanagamya.html
LalithA SahasranAma [641] dhyAnagamyAdhyAnagamyA : To be attained by
meditation.The Sruti [Sve. Up. 1.3], "They [the sages] devoted to
meditation, saw the sakti of the divine Self hidden by its own qualities"

BhAskararAya's Commentary
Translated into English by R. Ananthakrishna Sastry

Also note the other name I pointed out: bhaktigamyA - attained by bhakti
(both intense love and the attendant activities)

She is also 'brahmAtmaikya svarUpiNI'.  And 'Atma vidyA, brahmavidyA,
srIvidyA, etc.'  Also 'sarva vedAnta samvedyA'.And 'tat tvam artha
svarUpiNi'. 'vimarsharUpiNI'.

We can see that just like Vedanta so many paths are available in the LS too
which are intertwined, inseparable from each other.  It is a combination of
all these elements that constitutes the saadhana.

subrahmanian.v