[Advaita-l] ’upAsana' and 'bhakti'

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Mar 1 02:56:46 CST 2012

There is pure awareness of the deity beyond any bhAva. Beyond love and
hate.

praNAms Sri Satish prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Sorry, I need little elaboration here.  Do you mean to say here it is just
a 'business-like' relationship between upAsaka & upAsya devata??  Without
any bhAva/love/bhakti does he simply ask his upAsya devata, I've done
these things  for you, just give me these things in return !!  IMHO,
upAsana can not be carried out  without an element of love/bhakti towards
his/her upAsya devata, that anyway, may be my limited understanding of
'upAsana' as you are insisting in your replies.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar