[Advaita-l] mleccha-s not eligible to take Hinduism??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jun 27 06:17:48 CDT 2012

abraahmaNaad adhyaayanam aapatkaale vidhiiyate |
anuvrajyaa ca zuzruuSaa yaavad adhyaayanaM guroH |

praNAms Sri Kathirasan prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Again, IMHO, the above shloka does not talk about the vedAdhyayana in
particular.  If it is shishyA-s general  approach to non-brAhmin guru for
vedAdhyayana, the particular word 'ApatkAle' not necessary.  Moreover, we
cannot stretch the meaning of adhyayanaM to 'vedAdhyayanaM', when the
formalities and adhikAra for the vedAdhyayana are  so clear in our smruti
texts.  Anyway, it is my opinion.  You are welcome to correct me prabhuji.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar