[Advaita-l] dakSiNAmUrti stOtra from sUta saMhita

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 08:14:28 CDT 2012

>From: Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in

Yes remember reading those(below) or similar statements from devI gIta , alomost a decade ago. You can find my quotes from that text in Ambaa-l

The devI purANa and the kAlikA purANa for example, do recomend that devI should be worshipped according to tantra by all.

Exact quotes? I know things revolve around them.. will try to get them over the weekend if time permits. Meantime, I have to rely on memory of these.

If cant find exact ones , will inform so.

Likewise those tAntrIka works which deal with devI upAsana.

This is why what you quote gives only a biased and one sided picture. It is not complete.

>So, the sAdhaka who is initiated in vaidika mode should only worship Me with vaidika paddhati only.

So tell me, I have asked you this a couple of times in the last few years and you always dodges this multiple times: How do you worship devI according to vaidika paddhati.

In the paddhati that you follow for devI upAsana, what is vedic about it?

>Even though some of the smritis & dharma shAstrAs have the mention of tAntra, it should
>not be taken as a pramANA by the vaidikAs who consider shruti as the parama pramANa.
>So, the sAdhakAs who opt for mOkSa and whose objective is chitta shuddhi and mumukSatva, should only consider vEda as parama pramANa.

>So, the sAdhaka who is initiated in vaidika mode should only worship Me with vaidika paddhati only.  And the sAdhaka who is initiated in tAntrika mode should only worship Me
>with tAntrika paddhati only.  A vaidika initiate should never tread the tAntrika path also a tAntrika initiate should never tread the vaidika path.

Can you tell me why? No. Other than the "devI said so" explanation... i mean.

>Devi says that I am the Supreme Queen of this Universe and this is the command to be
>followed by everyone.

>The idiot who narrated this was sUta mAhAmuni.  And there was another person who
>studied this saMhita 18 times which is evident from the sloka:

devI just says the opposite in a number of places. Anyway it is not devI saying it, it is the certain vaidika or group of vaidika-s who authored this who said it.

This is the reason for my comment "that one should use one's brain and not be blinded by looking at some quotes".

Same applies for anything, even tantra-s: NOt everything is shiva uvAcha, sometimes it is just an opinion of a learned tAntrika or a group of them which gets styled as shiva uvAcha.

>So, the sAdhakAs who opt for mOkSa and whose objective is chitta shuddhi and mumukSatva, should only consider vEda as parama pramANa.

I have news for you. One can find similar statements in the tantra-s that you will never get moxa through vaidika mArga.

So you are doomed now?...saving grace? We are all Hindus. so not doomed for an eternity?  :-)