[Advaita-l] Karma Yoga

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Sat Jun 16 10:58:22 CDT 2012

Namaste Sureshji,

///

what sort of action is one to perform? Most of us are stuck in mundane,
dead-end jobs, so wouldn't nishkaama-karma be a little weird?
If my means of livelihood involves maintaining accounts,
how would such a mundane activity translate into karma yoga?

//

Please go through the article *Duties and Conflicts* by Shri Dayananda Saraswati of
Arsha Vidya Trust here:

http://www.avgsatsang.org/hhpsds.html

BTW, when i posed the same question to Sringeri Acharya, the answer His Holiness gave me was:

1. Do you official duty as a *duty only* but not as a responsibility.
2. Do sandhya vandana regularly without fail
3. Try to do your deva pUja regularly
4.  DO AS MUCH GAYATRI JAPA AS POSSIBLE
5. At night before going to bed, whatever actions you have done, offer them at the feet of the Ishwara.

regs,
sriram