[Advaita-l] : Sankhya and Yoga can give Moksha?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 05:46:56 CDT 2012

Namaste

It depends on Jnani's Prarabdha Karma. Some Jnanis may have some
habits before. But the habits will continue after Jnana.

Like some Jnani may have habit of drinking very frequent coffee and
tea and smoking also. He may not stop them after Jnana. Other Jnanis
like Krishna may have other habits like dancing and playing with
women. They are all Prarabdha only. This is why we must always follow
the oral instructions of Jnanis but we should imitate the acts when
the acts are not against Dharma. Other acts we should not imitate.

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:
> Such Great Ones do not become affected by their actions, of whatever
> nature.
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> Alongwith these lines, the additional note that we have to keep is, the
> jnAni does not engage himself in doing any dharma bAhira / shAstra
> viruddha activities just because he has realized that he is  neither katru
> nor bhoktru.  shankara clarifies this in sUtra/shruti bhAshya somewhere,
> yathA kAmitvaM tu vidushO atyantaM aprAptaM because atyanta
> avivekanimittaM yathAkAmitvaM clarifies shankara.  So, jnAni though is
> paramArtha jnAni and no rules like vidhi / nishedha restricts him, he
> never ever violates the prakruti dharma in general, his/her Ashrama dharma
> in particular.  Because he is the role model, whatever he does, mass will
> follow it.  yad yadAcharati shreshtaH....sa yat pramANam kurute
> lOkastadanuvartate clarifies lord in geeta.  If that is not the case and
> if the jnAni is under the delusion that whatever action he does is okay
> for him & expects lOka also to accept it any reservation, then a famous
> swamy in Bengaluru would not have to sit behind the bars today :-)) BTW,
> his shishya-s and Apta-s still arguing that this swamy is 'shreshTa' and
> is beyond any gender (neither man nor woman sort of things, perhaps they
> are pointing out that he is Atma svarUpa :-) so he is entitle to do
> anything :-))
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

Regards