[Advaita-l] Question on Bodhayana and Upavarsha Vruttis of Brahma Sutras

abhishek sm abhishek046 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:51:10 CDT 2012

Pranams Sunilji,

I believe Bhartrihari exclusively uses the sphota vaada which Acharya
refuses. Instead our Acharya follows Varna vaada of Upavarsha who
himself firmly rejects Sphota vaada although Upavarsha's period comes
much before that of Bhartrihari. I fail to understand why Bhartrihari,
the son of the Guru of our Acharya would be a profound writer in a
vaada which his father's prime disciple completely rejects?

Regards,
Abhishek Madhyastha