[Advaita-l] Pancha Kanya Questions

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jun 13 00:16:45 CDT 2012

Namaste Sri Bhaskar

>  praNAms Sri Venkatesh Murthy prabhuji
>  Hare Krishna

I am trying to answer your below question how Puranic episodes can be
relevant to us.

>  thanks for taking trouble.

In Puranic stories there is first entertainment value. It is sugar
coating the medicine we have to take. If some body gives you bitter
medicine and says eat it it will be difficult. But if he gives
medicine tasting sweet every body will eat it.

>  Two points here I would like to mention here.  One is, if you know well
in advance that you are giving 'sugar' coated medicines which you found in
the purANik stories in the form of 'women & sex' to cure the vedAntic
disease in us, you should tell us before giving medicines what for you are
giving this medicine ??what is the efficacy of these medicines for the
jignAsu-s like me.  And another point is, if you know the symbolical
meaning of these purANic episodes, you should first teach us how vedAntic
meaning in these purAnic quesitonable incidents closely knitted.  But I
dont see any such vedAntik explanation in your earlier mails instead I am
seeing you are just quoting these stories by throwing somany questions
about the credentials of these celestial characters.

>  Moreover, what you think 'sugar' coated medicines, is quite
embarrassing to swallow for the other jignAsu-s who wants to be in strict
adhyAtmic environment.  And to be frank with you, I dont know how many
members of this list are readily welcoming you to offer your 'sugar'
coated medicines for their vedAntic diseases!!?? If you ask me prabhuji, I
prefer to take your 'bitter' medicines instead of 'sugar' coated ones as I
am finding these 'sugar' coated medicines that you are offering now are
'hard to digest' :-))

>  And now to your vedAntic explanation & my obersation.

In Agni Svaha story I think the Principle is the Siva-Sakti Priniciple.

>  I am sorry to say that you have wrongly chosen stories like agni's mad
love with saptarshi wives & agni's discharge' etc. to drive home this
sublime vedAntic truth.  there are better and more appropriate examples
available to explain this principle.

If Siva is united with Sakti he becomes Complete. Otherwise he is not
complete.

>  For that matter vedAntic brahman does not depend on any external
factors to complete its completeness :-))

The Saundaryalahari has said 'Sivah Saktya Yukto'. The Siva Sakti
combination is same as Brahman of
Vedanta.

>  vedAntic brahman is not combination of anything...it is ONE without
second and there is no duality whatsoever in this nirvishesha brahman.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar