[Advaita-l] Pancha Kanya Questions

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jun 12 07:05:38 CDT 2012

Agni was mad in love with the Seven Rishi's wives. But he could not do
anything. Goddess Svaha was madly in love with Agni. But Agni did not
want Svaha. Svaha thought of a plan. She went to Agni in the disguise
of Rishi wives one by one. She went to him six times. Agni was fooled
and he thought real Rishi wife has come to him. He made love to each
Rishi wife.  He discharged the seed but Svaha took it in her hands.
Then she put it on top of the mountain. She did this six times for the
six wives of the Rishis. But she could not disguise herself as
Arundhati because she was the most powerful Pativrata.

praNAms Sri Venkatesh Murthy prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I am happy to note that you know the details of these purANic stories in
great detail.  And I also admit that I donot know any convincing & logical
answer to your questions as I am encoutering these type of doubts first
time in my life :-))  But I am wondering, how these doubts and the
clarification that you are going to get would help you in particular & the
members in general.  As you know, most of the members in this forum
staying here & reading mails  to understand the philosophy of advaita as
taught by shankara bhagavatpAda, and this list also primarily dedicated to
that cause only.  Under these circumstances,  I do not know in what way
your licentious doubts on purANic characters and related stories would
going to help us out in understanding shankara's advaita in a better way!!
   I am also failed to understand how these purANic episodes such as
'agni' discharges, svAha's stocking at the mountain top etc. have any
relevance to advaita vedAnta in particular & our sanAtana dharma in
general.  If you find any relevance kindly let us know.

Your clarification in this regard is requested.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar