[Advaita-l] Cotard Syndrome and Brahman Realisation

Sudhakar Kabra sudhakarkabra at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 21:37:20 CDT 2012

See comments inline below:

--- On Tue, 6/12/12, Rajaram Venkataramani <rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Rajaram Venkataramani <rajaramvenk at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] Cotard Syndrome and Brahman Realisation
To: "A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta" <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>
Date: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 2:36 AM

On Monday, June 11, 2012, Venkata sriram P wrote:

> That is what is all the vedanta about :))  He sees everything and yet sees
> nothing
>
> BTW, there is no yardstick to measure jivanmuktAs and we can't judge their
> lifestyle with our own limited intelligence.

 I don't think low of insanity, which is just another disease. And
definitely not judgemental. I am just asking with what does a jnani see?
When his mind and senses are (dys)functional, what instrument does he use
to see?

When we close our eyes and visualize something, with what do we see?The instrument eyes are not functional then. The same is the case in dream when external instrument is not available but we still see.
Similarly witnessing consciousness does not require any instrument to see since it is more subtler than gross instruments available. That is why we say sakshi sees on its own without any aides,
Sudhakar kabra