[Advaita-l] Conciousness and Brahman realisation.

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:44:29 CDT 2012

> To: advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
> From: rajaramvenk at gmail.com
> Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 11:59:37 +0000
> Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] Conciousness and Brahman realisation.
>
> It was consensual sex between Indra and Ahalya.

Moderator note 1: Can we please keep to the focus of this list? There are
multiple versions of the story of Ahalya, with multiple nuances. As far as
general Hinduism is concerned, hers is a legend that will resonate with
new meanings for as long as men and women live on earth. If you are
interested in reading more, there is an excellent write-up at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahalya.

However, this list was NOT set up to discuss purANic legendary accounts,
NOR was it meant to enter into discussions of sexuality in relation to the
sacred. Ours is a list with a philosophical focus on advaita vedAnta. The
responsibility is on EACH list member to keep it that way. Yes, there is a
place for sex and human relationships in each person's religious life, but
if sexual behavior, societal norms etc become one's preoccupation, then
Advaita-L is not the forum for conducting a discussion. There are any
number of other online forums to ask these questions and discuss the

Moderator note 2: Please keep discussion topics within their proper thread
headers. Do not mix up between two different ongoing threads.

Vidyasankar