[Advaita-l] Books on Bhagawatham.

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 09:59:59 CDT 2012

 There was an opinion by Sri Sunil that Bhagavatham, Ramayana etc. needs no
> commentary. I gave the argument in favour of why commentary is required by
> quoting a verse from Ramayana that could be very wrongly misinterpreted as
> if Ravana succeeded in physically violating Sita. Vishnu, the Lord of
> Sringara rasa, not even Bharatha Muni, only knows what sringara rasa is
> being spoken of by Sri Vidyasankar or Sri Srikanta in this context.
The above conclusion of SriSriram is wrong.I didnot say that there was Sringara rasa between Ravana and sita.Santam papam.I regard Sita as the divine mother and any such entertainment is a sacrilege.I too belong to Srram,s group.What I said was any interpretation untoardly beyongd what Valmiki wrote in the kidnapping episaode is a mere
extrapolation,and we cannot attribute any thing based on subjective analysis.We have to take what Valniki has written at its facevalue.
N.Srikanta.