[Advaita-l] Purusha and Stree

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Mon Jun 4 07:56:13 CDT 2012

Dear
Shruthi is called Matha -mother-because She points to Brahman.Sengalipuram
Brahma Sri Anantharama Dikshithar used say Vedha Matha-.Like an earthly
mother tells the child born to her as to who is  its father ,Vedha Matha
points to the Brahman as the cause of all causes.So from our loukika angle
Brahman may be taken as Male Supreme.R.Krishnamoorthy.